Eugene Field Elementary School will begin offering Montessori programming during the 2022-2023 school year.
Students in Montessori classrooms learn in multi-age groupings, and Eugene Field will offer Montessori for students in pre-kindergarten and kindergarten in the 2022-2023 school year.
In the first year, Eugene Field will have a total of 125 seats available in its Montessori program: 60 pre-kindergarten seats and 65 kindergarten seats. The program will expand by one grade each year through the 2027-2028 school year.
Learn more about the Montessori method below:
- What is Montessori?
- How is it different from other Tulsa Public Schools programs?
- Who benefits from Montessori?
- What will you see in a Montessori classroom?
- Is the Emerson Montessori model successful?
- How does the Montessori model “grow” schools in a way that is different from other models of instruction?
- How is the Montessori model funded?
- Do all Montessori classrooms have an assistant?
- Does room design change for the Montessori model?
- When would teachers train to become Montessori certified? And how will teachers be compensated for training?
- How will teachers that enter Montessori training be supported long-term in their development?
- How will the school transition from traditional to Montessori school be “rolled out”?
- What options will be provided to families of rising Kindergarten students in SY2122 that do not want to participate in a Montessori program?
- How will expansion impact current students and teachers?
- How will students transition to middle school?