Montessori Program Tours
Eugene Field Elementary
Thursday, Jan. 12 at 9am.
Thursday, Jan. 19 at 3pm
Thursday, Jan. 26 at 9am
Thursday, Feb. 2 at 3pm
Eugene Field Elementary School will offer Montessori programming for students in pre-K through first grade in the 2023-2024 school year. The program will expand by one grade each year through the 2027-2028 school year.
Learn more about the Montessori method below:
Learn about Montessori
Executive Director - Early Childhood Education
Montessori Program Specialist
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Montessori?
- How is it different from other Tulsa Public Schools programs?
- Who benefits from Montessori?
- What will you see in a Montessori classroom?
- Is the Emerson Montessori model successful?
- How does the Montessori model “grow” schools in a way that is different from other models of instruction?
- How is the Montessori model funded?
- Do all Montessori classrooms have an assistant?
- Does room design change for the Montessori model?
- When would teachers train to become Montessori certified? And how will teachers be compensated for training?
- How will teachers that enter Montessori training be supported long-term in their development?
- How will the school transition from traditional to Montessori school be “rolled out”?
- How will expansion impact current students and teachers?
- How will students transition to middle school?