Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. As parents you can ensure that your child receives the benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in the classroom.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to helping your child develop the academic knowledge and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. As a result, these involvement opportunities empower parents to take action. By connecting parents to school officials, community members, other parents, knowledge, and powerful allies, these opportunities build bridges and networks that support schools and sustain whole communities.
Get involved with Eugene Field elementary!
Eugene Field loves volunteers. Your volunteer hours are tracked by the State Department of Education and will help us as a school. We must follow School Board Policy which states that every volunteer must have a volunteer form filled out and approved at the beginning of each school year. Volunteer forms go to a separate office for approval. Please complete a form at the beginning of the year to ensure you are able to volunteer, even if you choose not to do so. Forms are available in the office.
Parent Teacher Association
Stand up for every child; join the Eugene Field PTA. What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the PTA is to benefit your child, but you also help the school. Contact Bethany Bristol, 918-746-8840 for more information.
Eugene Field Elementary has a full time Parent Involvement Facilitator. The Parent Involvement Facilitator works to help parents by connecting them to services when they are in need. The PFI proudly supports the staff, students, and parents by keeping a calendar of events, works with the PTA and assists to help keep the absenteeism to a minimum.
Partners in Education
- First United Methodist Church
- Up With Trees
- OSU Center for Health Sciences
- Phoenix Ave Baptist Church
- City Lights
- West Tulsa Freewill Baptist Church
- West Tulsa United Methodist Church
We are extremely thankful to our Partners In Education. Without them, much of what we do would be so much harder. These companies or organizations provide time, energy, and money to our school. Thank you!
District Involvement Information
- Stay Connected - TPS social media and smartphone app
- Tulsa Council of PTAs
- National PTA
- Booster Clubs/PTAs sanctioned organizations
- Parents as Teachers
- Student and Family Guide to Success (includes the Behavior Response Plan)
- Achieving. Classroom Excellence (ACE) Parental Curriculum Choice Letter
- Logrando la Excelencia en el Salón de Clases Carta hacia los Padres para la Selección de Currículo
- Parent Guide | Guía para Padres
- Parents Right To Know | El Derecho a Saber de los Padres
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- Educational Surrogate Parents Program
- All students need parental support to succeed. The Educational Surrogate Parents Program responds to the need for support and representation of students with disabilities whose parents are not available. This program relies on the commitment of volunteers who support a student's education by advocating for him/her to ensure that the student receives a free and appropriate public education.